The Consulting FIRM Personal Training, llc
Grilled Chicken Breasts with Cucumber-Peach Salsa
Choose Chicken - Chicken breast is a lean protein choice.
Protein supplies amino acids that give structure to the body in skin, cell membranes and muscles.
Do-Ahead - The salsa can be made up to 24 hours in advance and refrigerated. Making it ahead will actually allow the flavors to blend.
Success - If you're using a charcoal grill, plan on about 40 minutes to prep the grill and heat charcoal to the correct temperature. Gas and electric grills will take about 10 minutes.
Prep Time:30 min Start to Finish:30 min makes:4 servings
1/2 cup chopped cucumber
1/3 cup peach preserves
1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves or 1 teaspoon dried mint flakes 1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons chopped red onion
1 peach or nectarine, peeled, chopped (3/4 cup)
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 lb)
1. Heat gas or charcoal grill. In small bowl, mix cucumber, 2 tablespoons of the preserves, the mint, salt, onion and peach; set aside.
2. Carefully spray grill rack with cooking spray. Place chicken on grill. Cover grill; cook over medium heat 10 to 15 minutes, turning and brushing 2 or 3 times with remaining peach preserves, until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (170°F). Discard any remaining preserves. Serve chicken with salsa.
Nutritional Information 1 Serving: Calories 260 (Calories from Fat 40); Total Fat 4 1/2g (Saturated Fat 1 1/2g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 85mg; Sodium 230mg; Total Carbohydrate 22g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 16g); Protein 32g
• About 14 ounces of asparagus (about 25 spears)
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• ½ teaspoon pepper
• ¼ cup Parmesan cheese(you don't really need this)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees
2. Trim off tough ends of asparagus spears. Place asparagus in a shallow baking dish or tray and brush olive oil until lightly coated. Sprinkle with pepper
3. Cook until tender (about 12-18 minutes).
4. Remove from oven and sprinkle on cheese.
Nutrition Facts: Per serving (about 6 spears with cheese), 75 calories, 5 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, 4 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4.5 g protein, 115 mg sodium, 208 mg potassium (5.2% daily value), 120 mg calcium (12% daily value) 52 mg folate (13% daily value).
Salmon with mustard sauce
Salmon with mustard sauce
My family loves this very simple and yummy recipe!
Spray baking sheet with spray Olive Oil(cover pan with parchment paper for easy clean up)
Place Salmon on baking sheet
In a bowl, mix 3 Tbs. Dijon mustard with 1Tbs. honey
Spread mixture on top of Salmon and bake @ 350 degrees until done to your liking...I like mine well done, when the the mustard topping gets browned!
Serve with a salad! Yummy!